Tuesday, November 16, 2010

experimenting with words 2


I’m hurt! OK, is that what you want me to say? Fuck.
She turned from him and lit a cigarette. There was tense silence. He looked at her with a broken stare.
i... I why?
Because... I don’t know. Because I’m jealous and it drives me mad!
Why are you jealous?
Because things don’t come so easy to me, because I’m not such a fucking social butterfly! Because you look better than me naked! Do you need me to go on?!
Her face was flushed and ashes flew  around as if they were trapped in a morbid snow globe.
I never knew you felt that way. He said sheepishly.
Well... she started. I never wanted to believe that that’s where my anger toward you came from. I tried convincing myself it came from somewhere else, that it wasn’t anger...there was shame in her voice.
Would it help if I stopped shaving and gained 100LBs?
She smiled through the tears, yes.  They hugged and he whispered: you’re beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment