Friday, March 18, 2011

untitled, again.

Change, like a tidal wave that drowns me. leaves me angry. Anger sweeps me away in ways that are undefinable. In ways, that are all consuming. When I open my mouth, moths fly out and burn in the glare of the sun. There is deafening silence that obliterates everything else.  I used to keep a picture of you in my mind. When I try to recall the "why" there's a drawer full of ash. My brain, like a  clenched fist, so wrapped up in anger and hate, that words are replaced by fingers and sharp nails. Red streaks on your back and a punch to my stomach.  You've taken away my air. It's pouring and my umbrella is full of holes. Red is the colour of my revolution. "ne me quitte pas..."
"I bring you pearls made of rain from countries that don't have rain."
It's a crossroads at the gates of hell. Both ways lead to doom. How dramatic. Do you even know how to read poetry? Your facade is tiring. How many academy awards do you have?  I'd melt each one and dunk you in gold. Forever a golden goddess. At least then you won't harm anyone again. Where is my hatchet? I would bust you open and steal all your coins. If I start talking, I'll never stop and the words that will escape my mouth will taint everything and the world will change again. There is a sign above my head, it reads: it's a new dawn, it's a new day, and I'm feeling good." The letters are almost as faded as my  memory; of 4 lifetimes ago. When I ran with the dinosaurs. Even the T-Rex is graceful. But you, you're like a hornet's nest. Buzzing and conniving. Creating conflict, sucking air out of lungs that don't belong to you. "words like violence, break the silence. Come crashing in, into my little room." You're like an R rate movie, unfit for minors due to harsh language and violence. You are verbal violence. You violate everything. You've tainted paradise. You've broken all of them. And when they break, then what? Who will clean up the debris? Will you handle it with care? Or just sweep it away, into the landfill. Create a landmine with broken bodies? Orange juice and napalm. Everything I want to say is exploding in my mouth; over and over again. I have no teeth. I've swallowed so much blood, I need a Dr.

No comments:

Post a Comment