Monday, May 9, 2011

too cynical to be happy?

And if I set down this sack of bricks; let this... anger go, then what? Could it be that easy? The reasons are inconsequential to me. It's like being angry at colours. I have no control over their magnitude. I don't control the weather. I'm stubborn, then why do I let you control me? I am the architect of my own happiness. Your decisions don't impact me. Since you don't matter to me, what you think of me, doesn't matter. Those who have embedded themselves in my life are the ones I need to focus on. You are nothing. My anger is limitless, but so is my gratitude. My ability to focus on the positive. You will NOT win this war; the one I waged on you without you knowing. My head is swimming with words. With possibilities. With possible futures. 

But....then again, who am I without this anger, without this cynical streak? Can I still be a queen without the drama?

I think I've been watching too much Sex and the City.

Off to ponder...

No comments:

Post a Comment